Startup Open, a featured event of Global Entrepreneurship Week, is a global competition to identify and recognize startup companies It is open to any entrepreneurs who have just started, or are about to start, a new venture and have a “startup moment”.
What is a startup moment? A startup moment can be when a business is incorporated; doors open for business; a first sale is completed; outside funding is secured; or something else that can be interpreted as the company is “open for business.”
Startup Open will announce and recognize the global ‘GEW 50’ – 50 of the most promising ventures from around the world, which will be selected by a range of criteria including strength of concept, growth projections, and knowledge of the market. Those 50 companies will then compete for a handful of prizes with the winners announced during Global Entrepreneurship Week.
- All applications must be submitted in English.
- Applications will only be accepted online through the iStart platform or through an officially approved National Competition.
- It is not required that a startup be incorporated, but a company cannot be incorporated over 18 months to compete.
- The GEW 50 and the winners will be selected by a panel of judges who are looking at a range of criteria including strength of concept, growth projections, and knowledge of the market.
- There will be two rounds of judging.
- Each judge’s score is weighed equally.
- Prizes are nontransferable.
- Prizes must be accepted as awarded.
- This contest is subject to all federal, state and municipal laws.